The Lowdown is the UK’s leading sexual and reproductive health platform. Used by thousands of women every day, we’re using our unique dataset, medical experts and growing community to put women in control of their healthcare decisions. Learn more about us and our Founder Alice’s story in WIRED and checkout @get.the.lowdown on Instagram and TikTok.
We’ve just raised our seed round led by one of Europe’s top VCs (to be announced soon) and are backed by Entrepreneur First, Calm/Storm VC, Nina Capital and a team of superb angel investors including Matt Robinson (GoCardless), Sarah Drinkwater (Google), and Ian Hogarth (Songkick).
We’re looking for a Head of Growth to lead on all direct to consumer digital revenue growth at The Lowdown. You will be Alice’s number two and manage all of our organic and paid marketing channels in order to grow revenues and help us become the world’s number one destination for people with vaginas.
What you will do 🙋
You will be responsible for experimenting with a wide range of organic and paid growth channels, including PR, SEO and content, PPC and social, to create a sustainable and scalable growth strategy for The Lowdown. You will need to be able to holistically step back and look at the whole funnel, whilst diving into the detail and running hands on growth experiments to help us learn what works.
In particular your role will include:
- Growing the top of our funnel: Increase the number of people who use or find The Lowdown website and our services through channels like SEO and content, social, PPC partnerships and affiliates.
- Improving conversion for each stage of the mid and lower funnel: Working with our product and tech teams to optimise our product experience and landing pages in order to reduce checkout friction and grow average order value of our paid products and services. As part of this you’ll be in charge of testing out different propositions and pricing strategies.
- Paid customer retention: You’ll find ways to make our prescription and subscription customers stick with us, including CRM and community events. You’ll get to know why customers are leaving us and make product and experience changes to stop that happening.
- Managing our growth team: You’ll own the growth budget and line-manage our Social & Content, Community, Paid Marketing and SEO leads and SEO agency. As we grow you’ll build out that team and shape it how you see fit.
What we’re looking for 🔎
We’re looking for someone with at least 6+ years experience in the growth and marketing space. Ideally you’ve worked in an early stage startup and preferably have some experience working in a health tech startup and/or subscription, D2C or e-commerce business.
In particular we’d like to see:
- Strategic, analytical thinker who is excellent with numbers: You can take on board a lot of information, synthesise it and use it to produce data-driven strategic recommendations. You aren’t afraid of a spreadsheet and analysing numbers to figure out what’s going on. 📈
- Creative, hacking mindset: You’re great at thinking of creative ways to generate virality and consistent discovery of our products and services at the top of the funnel. You’re happy to break the rules sometimes and continually push the team to try new things. 💡
- People describe you as ‘a machine’: You are an insanely smart, driven and organised self-starter who has demonstrated you can really excel to drive a business forward. 🤖
- Serious pace and efficiency: You believe that ‘done is better than perfect’ and work at speed to make stuff happen. 💨
- Hands-on performance marketing experience: You know how to run a paid ad campaign – you may have to set them up or optimise them, or manage people who do. ✋
- You know a thing or two about SEO: Organic SEO has historically been a big channel for us, so you have a good level of knowledge and ability to manage our SEO agency and wider team in order to drive results. 🔎
- Embrace testing and learning: You have an openness to totally new ideas and trying things in a different way. You’re constantly looking to learn and iterate, with a results-driven purpose. You know how to nurture curiosity but you also know how to get things done. 🧪
- You’re really passionate about The Lowdown – and love what we stand for! ❤️
What we offer 💰
- Free rein. You’d be taking a leadership role in our team and will be running the show on all things growth.
- Meaningful equity and the chance to be part of our founding leadership team
- The chance to work in building a mission driven startup that is already helping thousands of people every day. Trust us when we say it’s rewarding!
- Experienced Founder and some incredible tech startup investors who you can learn from.
Where you’ll be based 📍
We work in a great co-working space in Southwark, London and would like you to be able to come into the office 2-3 days a week. We find it much easier to build a culture and get things done this way!
How to apply 👋
Please email your CV and why you’re the perfect person to be our Head of Growth to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close when we find the perfect person, so if you’re reading this please apply ASAP before we find them or so that we can find you… 👀